At CUERO, our aim is to educate customers on good shoe practices to make your shoes last a lifetime, not a season.
The shoemakers at CUERO repair shoes in store & have compiled a list of 10 hints for the everyday shoe wearer:
1. Always replace your heel caps before they wear out. Very important.
2. If you love a particular shoe, have it re-soled before you wear it to prolong its life. Especially boots, they can last forever if they are properly soled.
3. Rubber soles are best for the clumsy, kids & the elderly.
4. Leather soles look lovely but tend to wear out sooner and can be very slippery.
5. The rule of thumb when trying closed toe shoes - leave a thumbs width between your big toe & the front of the shoe.
6. Keep suede protected & waterproofed. At CUERO, we offer this complimentary service on every suede shoe sold in store. Just ask us.
7. It is always best to go up one size than buy a shoe too small. Trust us.
8. Keep in mind that your foot swells half to a full size in summer and shrinks again in winter.
9. To avoid smelly shoes - make sure they dry completely before the next wear. This means wearing a different pair of shoes everyday. You will be pleasantly surprised with the difference this makes. Trust us, we are experts.
10. Have fun with shoes! Pick brights, prints, stripes & experiment with what styles work best for your foot & shape. Everyone notices a pair of good shoes so it's important to tell a story.
Need a repair?
We are always happy to help with simple repairs like stitching, re-soleing, glueing, dyeing & so on.
And remember, we are shoe makers & shoe lovers with lots of helpful hints & advice on shoe care, so drop us an email or visit our Youtube channel for D.I.Y tutorials like the one below.